|Company Name||Mentor Graphics|
|Experience||0 – 1 years|
|Job Role||Senior Software Engineer|
|Skills||C and Linux,|
|Last Date to Apply||Feb 2017|
Mentor Graphics is a leader in electronic design automation software. We enable companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our innovative software products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly complex worlds of board and chip design.
We are looking for a Software Engineer with extensive experience in embedded domain. The position involves the development and customization of a wide range of middleware components, it also involves porting of various components like kernel, drivers on target platforms. The ideal candidate should have hands-on development expertise with Linux and Open Source. The position involves a significant level of autonomy in which a self-motivated applicant will work independently to develop solutions
- Design and implementation of the Customer specific software stack based on Linux (SMP/AMP)
- Port the BSP to new boards, Upgrade customer BSPs to new version
- Work with customers directly to get issues localized and resolved
- Design and implement services built upon Mentor Graphics software products, open source components, and/or custom platforms
- Analyse project requirements, communicate with customer at early engagement stage to fill in sales with proper technical background as well as provide necessary consulting
- Help project managers, lead project planning and tracking, requirements analysis, task analysis, work breakdown, and schedule estimation
- Applicant should possess at least a BE/B-Tech in Computer Science/Electronics.
- Applicant must have at least 3-6 years’ experience in developing software for Linux systems. Applicant must have significant experience in several of the following:
- Strong knowledge of C and Linux,
- Knowledge of Toolchain, Compiler (gcc)
- Cross-compiling & porting
- Fluent in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, Bash)
- Experience in version control tools like GIT, Subversion
- Experience in portingof drivers and kernel modules
- Knowledge of Linux userspace environment
- Knowledge of debugging tools like gdb
- Strong English communication
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Knowledge of C++
- Experience in Linux build systems: Openembedded, Yocto (Poky)
- Knowledge of GENIVI
- Linux driver development (e.g. usb, block, character, wireless, network stack)
- Linux kernel debugging skills (e.g. kgdb, lttng, systemtap, jtag, etc.)
- Experience in either of the domains likeWayland, Systemd, gstreamer, ALSA, V4L.
- Candidate should be able to work on ARM based hardware targets like Jacinto, Sabre Auto etc
- Candidate should be able to take complete ownership over one or more subsystems in the middleware like
- Audio, Video, and Graphics including functional review of the patches.
- Experience with boot-time optimization
- Strong architecture knowledge of ARM
- Experience in usage of debugging targets JTAG, BDI
- Automotive Infotainment work experience